Saturday, February 19, 2011

Viewing the International Space Station Last Night

Last night was perfect viewing to see the International Space Station in Southwest Florida.  At 7:23 pm last night, the Space Station moved from the southwest sky to the north east and was bright as could be.  We could see it for a good 4 minutes. 

       I was so very excited that our 3 year old grandson was also able to see it.  He had to call us to tell us he had seen it "and it was really bright!"  He apparently could not quit talking about it through out the evening.  He loves the stars and planets and can pick out some of the planets and Orion in the sky.  And is learning more all the time. 

This morning when he woke up (and remember he's 3) he tells his Mother " I'm going to work on the Space Station.  You will see me in the bright one when I am an adult."  I can't wait to see what he chooses as a profession when he is an "adult". 

A couple of weeks ago when Mars was easily see here, he told us that he "is going to go to Mars."  When asked how he was going to do that he responded "I'm not sure yet, but I am working on it."  Then of course Grandpa had to ask if he could go along >>> grandson: "No, it's way too far for you to go. I will be going buy myself." 

So whether it's around the corner or all the way to Mars, in the eyes of a 3 year old - IT IS AN ADVENTURE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment